Earth Conservancy’s compost facility is currently open to the public, Monday – Friday, 7:30am to 2:30pm.
Please Note: Masks and physical distancing are required, and credit card payment is strongly encouraged. Payment by cash or check will incur an additional fee of $5/load.
Thank you for your understanding.
Leaf & Yard Waste Composting Facility
The Earth Conservancy composting facility is located in Newport Township, Pennsylvania. Established in 1995, the facility accepts leaf and yard waste from local municipalities and residents in Luzerne County. Donations are accepted to offset operating costs. An average of 8,000 tons of yard waste are processed annually.
- Grass/lawn clippings
- Tree branches/trunks up to 6″ in diameter
- Natural Christmas trees
- Nails or other metal
- Painted or treated wood
- Construction materials
- Plastic, including plastic bags of any kind
- Public: Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 2:30pm
- Contractor: Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 3:00pm
Fees: Check with compost facility personnel for commercial/contractor accounts at 570.899-6662
Compost Fees: $15/bucket load
Address: 461 West Kirmar Avenue; Nanticoke, PA 18634
GPS: 41.17297, -76.05829
- Take I-81 to Exit 164 (Nanticoke/S.R. 29).
- Travel S.R. 29 North to Exit 3 (Nanticoke/Wilkes-Barre).
- Turn left onto San Souci Parkway, heading towards Nanticoke.
- Follow San Souci Parkway, which will turn into East Main Street, then West Main Street, then River Road.
- As you reach the top of a hill, follow road left onto Robert Street.
- Turn right onto West Kirmar Parkway.
- Follow Kirmar Parkway.
- Compost facility will be on the left; if you enter Glen Lyon, you have gone too far.
Nick Kratz, Compost Foreman – 570.899.6662
Jason Tarnowski, Project & Operations Manager – 570.550.2395