In response to COVID-19, Earth Conservancy is adjusting its operations effective immediately and until further notice. The compost facility and staff offices are closed.
We will continue to keep you informed as plans progress. Thank you for your understanding. Stay safe, and we wish you good health.
Leaf & Yard Waste Composting Facility
- Grass/lawn clippings
- Tree branches/trunks up to 6″ in diameter
- Natural Christmas trees
- Nails or other metal
- Painted or treated wood
- Construction materials
- Plastic, including plastic bags of any kind
- Public: Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 2:30pm
- Contractor: Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 3:00pm
Fees: Check with compost facility personnel for commercial/contractor accounts at 570.899-6662
Compost Fees: $15/cubic yard screened; $10/cubic yard unscreened
Address: 461 West Kirmar Avenue; Nanticoke, PA 18634
GPS: 41.17297, -76.05829
- Take I-81 to Exit 164 (Nanticoke/S.R. 29).
- Travel S.R. 29 North to Exit 3 (Nanticoke/Wilkes-Barre).
- Turn left onto San Souci Parkway, heading towards Nanticoke.
- Follow San Souci Parkway, which will turn into East Main Street, then West Main Street, then River Road.
- As you reach the top of a hill, follow road left onto Robert Street.
- Turn right onto West Kirmar Parkway.
- Follow Kirmar Parkway.
- Compost facility will be on the left; if you enter Glen Lyon, you have gone too far.
Contact: Nick Kratz, Compost Foreman – 570.899.6662